- Serves: 5 People
- Prep Time: 40
- Cooking: 15
- Calories: 368
- Difficulty: easy
- recipeCategory: Desserts
- description: yogurt Parfait - Dinner, then Dessert, mango yogurt parfait, how to make yogurt parfait at home, yogurt parfait recipe without granola, simple yogurt parfait, make ahead yogurt parfait
- recipeCuisine: Pakistani
- keywords: yogurt Parfait - Dinner, then Dessert, mango yogurt parfait, how to make yogurt parfait at home, yogurt parfait recipe without granola, simple yogurt parfait, make ahead yogurt parfait
- recipeYield: 5
- prepTime: PT30M
Yogurt Parfait is a madly simple breakfast made by layering yogurt with raspberries and strawberries, topped with granola and a sprinkle of sweet honey. It's quick, healthy, and simple which makes it the perfect breakfast to make in a hurry on occupied non-weekend days.
You can utilize normal yogurt or Greek yogurt as per your preference.
Typically yogurt parfait is topped with granola made from oats and nuts. But if you don't have any granola, you can also used crushed cereal or cookies on top for texture (but slightly less healthy).
This recipe is a different touch to yogurt parfait and you can enjoy it as a dessert with your family after any main course meal. Hope you will try this recipe and share your feedback.
You can make this recipe a day a head just add the granola or nuts at the time of serving so they don't get soggy.
- Take 1/4 cup of milk in a cup and mix the custard powder in it.
- Now put the rest of the milk in a sauce pan and heat it on medium to low flame.
- When the milk is about to boil add the custard mixture in it.
- Make a little extra thick custard powder and take it off the stove.
- Let it cool down.
- Take thick yogurt into a strainer so that all the water from yogurt strain and a thick yogurt should be left.
- Cover the strainer and put it in the refrigerator for about half an hour so that excess water should be drained out.
- When the custard is cooled down completely blend it in 1/2 cup of hot water so that it came into a thick creamy texture.
- After 30 minutes the water will be drained out of yogurt. Now put this thick yogurt into a bowl and mix in vanilla essence.
- Add enough honey for sweetness. You can even add powdered sugar for extra sweetness.
- Whisk well and then add cinnamon powder and cardamom powder and mix again.
- The consistency will be just like a thick cream.
- Now add in custard and combine everything.
- In serving glass/bowl first add layer of chopped mangoes and then a layer of custard yogurt mixture. Repeat the process.
- Drizzle some honey on the top, serve chill.
- ______________Note: You may add chopped nuts for crunch and extra flavor.
- Yogurt parfaits can be kept in the refrigerator for several days.
- Top your parfait with some mini chocolate chips, chocolate syrup, and whipped cream for a sweeter version.
You may also like