- Serves: 10 People
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cooking: 16 minutes
- Calories: 334
- Difficulty: medium
Pizza is the most popular dish of young generation now a days and today I am sharing the recipe of a pizza which is "unique Keema Pizza". Keema pizza or qeema pizza is actually mince pizza a delicious combination and a treat for kids at any celebration or party. You can even skip the toppings if you do not want just add cooked mince and cheese and the taste will yet be perfect. The dough is the main item for making pizza. I have shared the detailed steps involved in making perfect pizza dough. I know the recipe felt a little bit difficult but its not. It involved some technicality and when you will follow all the steps you will notice its not as tough as it looks. I even shared when and how you can freeze the pizza crust to make a pizza some other time. I hope you will try this recipe and will share your feedback with me.
- _________________ For Pizza Dough__________________
- In a bowl add yeast, sugar and 1/2 cup luke warm water (finger could easily bear the temperature it should not be too hot) and give a mix to everything. Cover the bowl and let the yest rise for 10 minutes. A foam will be formed on the yeast and this is the sign that your yeast is good to use.
- Now in another bowl take all purpose flour and strain it.
- When the yeast is proofed, add salt, vinegar, oil and combine all these ingredients with yeast mixture.
- Gradually add the all purpose flour in it and combine with the help of spatula. Remember pizza dough should be soft and little bit sticky not hard.
- After adding 3 and 1/2 cup of all purpose flour in the yeast mixture add 1 cup of luke warm water and knead it. The dough will be sticky at this stage.
- Dust some flour on the work surface and take the dough out of bowl. Now knead the dough for 7-8 minutes so that it became smooth and develop elasticity. If required dust the flour during this kneading process.
- When the dough became less sticky grease some oil over it.
- grease the bowl with oil as well and place the dough in it. Cover the bowl with a cling wrap and let the dough rise in a warm place until it gets double in size. This will take 1 hour or less if you are living in more warm area.
- After the dough gets double in size take the baking tray or pan and sprinkle some semolina in it. The semolina will help the pizza cook evenly and the pizza will not get soggy.
- Divide the dough in 2 equal portions and spread in the baking tray with the help of hands.
- Brush some oil over the dough and prick some holes in it with the help of fork.
- Pre heat the oven and 230 °C. Put the baking pan in it and pre bake the pizza for 6 minutes. This will just semi cook the pizza base.
- ___________________ For Pizza Topping & Assembling ___________________
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mince, salt and chili powder in it.
- Cook the mince till all the water evaporated from the mince and gets tender.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the semi cooked pizza base.
- Add cooked mince (qeema) along with sliced onion, chopped tomato and capsicum.
- Cover the toppings with mozzarella cheese.
- Put slit green chilies at the top and then drizzle some ketchup or chili sauce over it.
- Bake the pizza in a pre heated oven at 230 °C for 10 minutes using lower rod of the oven. As the base is already cooked so we do not need to cook it more.
- When the pizza is cooked turn off the lower rod and turn on the upper rod to give a nice golden color and crunch to the cheese.
- Qeema pizza is ready to serve immediately.
- ____________Note: If you are making thick crust pizza, the dough will be enough for 2 large size piiza and for thin crust the dough will be enough for 3 large size pizza.
- If you want to make and freeze your pizza base you can freeze after pre baking stage. the 6 minutes of baking will make the base semi cooked, let it completely cool down and then spread some pizza sauce over it. Put it in any airtight bag to freeze it. Whenever you need to make pizza take it out add the pizza toppings of your choice along with cheese and bake for 10 minutes in pre heated oven at 230 °C.
You may also like