- Serves: 3 People
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking: 40-45 minut
- Calories: 206
- Difficulty: easy
This is a very common recipe in almost every household of subcontinent.
- Wash the rice and soak them for 20-25 minutes.
- Slice the onion thinly.
- Add oil in a wide pan and add the onions in it. Cook the onion on medium flame until golden color.
- Now add salt, black pepper and cumin seeds and mix it.
- Then add water and let it boil.
- When the water starts boiling add rice in it and give it a slight mix. Remember when you add the rice in water the flame should be high. At this stage you can taste the salt and adjust it as per your taste.
- Heat a tawa and when the water from rice almost dries (little bit remaining) put the pan on the tawa. Cover the lid of the pan with a kitchen towel and put it on dum for about 20-25 minutes on very low flame.
- Open the lid and careful mix the rice so that grains should not be broke.
- Serve and enjoye.
You may also like