- Serves: 7 People
- Prep Time: 25
- Cooking: 35
- Calories: 3865
- Difficulty: medium
- recipeCategory: Desserts
- description: Sticky Date Pudding With Caramel Sauce, how to make toffee pudding at home, sticky date pudding with toffee sauce recipe, old fashioned date pudding recipe, date pudding with butterscotch sauce recipe
- recipeCuisine: Pakistani
- keywords: Sticky Date Pudding With Caramel Sauce, how to make toffee pudding at home, sticky date pudding with toffee sauce recipe, date pudding with butterscotch sauce, sticky dates pudding with caramel sauce recipe in Urdu Hindi
- recipeYield: 7
- prepTime: PT30M
Sticky date or toffee pudding is basically a British dessert comprised of moist date cake served with toffee or butterscotch or caramel sauce. Usually it is also served a dollop of ice cream. The cake remains super moist for at least 2 days and freezes very well for up to 3 months. It is a perfect dish for winter parties where combination of hot cake with caramel sauce feels brilliant but you can also make this in summer and serve with ice cream. This is also a make ahead recipe, prepare this a day before serving and store in any air tight jar, just microwave for 30 seconds before serving and pour the sauce over it. As always I shared complete step by step recipe of this delicious sweet and you can share your feed back in the comments section below.
- In a chopper or blender add pitted dates and chop the dates well to a paste.
- Take the date's paste in a bowl, add coffee, baking soda and hot water in it and mix well. Keep this mixture aside and prepare the cake/pudding batter.
- Sift all purpose flour and baking powder through a strainer in another bowl and keep aside.
- Take brown sugar and butter in another bowl and beat with electric beater or hand whisk to combine both ingredients. Then add the egg, vanilla essence and beat again for 2-3 minutes or till the mixture becomes creamy.
- Now add the prepared dates mixture in it and mix well.
- Then gradually add already sifted dry ingredients in this wet mixture and mix to combine well.
- Grease the ramekins ( any glass bowls or baking pan) with ghee or butter and pour the prepared batter in it. Flatten the surface of the cake batter with a spoon.
- Bake in the oven at 180 °C for 25-30 minutes.
- Take the baking bowl out of the oven and let the cake cool down.
- Run a knife around the cake for taking it out easily of the baking bowl, take out in a plate.
- ____________________For Caramel Sauce______________________
- In a pan add butter and brown sugar and melt together on low to medium flame.
- Add whipping cream in this mixture and quickly mix to combine. cook the mixture until sugar completely dissolves and come to a sauce texture. Take out of the pan and caramel sauce is ready to serve.
- In a serving plate put the cake and pour the caramel sauce on top. Enjoy hot or serve a dollop of ice cream along with it.
You may also like