- Serves: 4 People
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking: 20-25 minut
- Calories: 1090
- Difficulty: easy
Sheer Khurma is a popular Asian dessert. Its a Sub-continent sweet dish. Although you can make this dish anytime of the year but it is a traditional dish on Eid ul fitar, one of the major Muslims holiday. Sheer khurma is a delicious mouth watering delicacy made with fine variety of vermicelli cooked in thick milk making it rich and divine in taste with a variety of dry fruits.
- Put the vermacili in hot ghee/oil and fry on medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- put the milk on stove. Add green cardamoms in it and boil the milk. Reduce it a little bit that it approximately remain 800 ml.
- Add saffron.
- Add dry fruits (Almonds, Pistachio, walnut).
- With hands, crush the siwaiyan and add in pan to cook till golden brown. Then add fried vermacili in the milk. Stir well and let it cook.
- Add the sugar in milk mixture.
- Then add dry dates and coconut to the milk.
- You will notice that vermacili are cooked and sheer khurma is thickened. Add raisins at this stage.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool down the dish and serve.
You may also like