- Serves: 4 People
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking: 10 minutes
- Calories: 206
- Difficulty: easy
Classic Russian salad is one of the most popular salad recipe in Pakistan. Whenever we go to restaurants this salad is a must dish in our order. Today I am sharing here a basic recipe of perfect Russian salad. This recipe only contains the ingredients that are used in the restaurant style recipe of Russian salad but you can give variation of your own to it. Some people like to add cabbage in it but I don't like it because for me it totally change the flavor of salad into a coleslaw. Different dry fruits, mix fruits and even boiled chicken or boiled eggs can be added in it. This all depends on your choice. I hope you will like this recipe and will surely give it a try.
- Cut the potatoes, carrots, apple in small cubes. Do not peel the apple before cutting as it will taste better with its peel.
- Put enough water in a pan and first boil the water. hen add carrots in it and blanch these in boiling water so that these become soft. Within 3-4 minutes the carrots will become soft take these out and immediately put in cold water so that cooking process should stop.
- Then add peas and potato together in this boiling water and let these cook. The reason behind cooking peas separately is that it takes less time to cook and potatoes carrots take some minutes more than it.
- Within 4-5 minutes both potato and peas will be cooked take these out and put these as well in the chilled water immediately.
- When the vegetables are cool down take out of water in a strainer.
- Now prepare the cream mix for the salad. In a bowl add salt, black pepper powder, cream and mayonnaise. Give a good mix so that everything became well combined.
- In serving bowl add boiled vegetables, diced apples and pineapple.
- Now add the prepared cream mix in it and give a good mix so that vegetables and fruits are well coated with cream mix.
- Add resins in the salad, give a mix and tasty creamy Russian salad is ready to enjoy.
You may also like