- Serves: 5 People
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking: 20-25 minut
- Calories: 348
- Difficulty: easy
If you are looking for an easy and flavorful starter recipe for your next dawat or gathering then I am here with the answer to your search.
This classic lemon pepper chicken is the dish that is flavorful and easy to prepare. I know their are recipes on internet which involves only chicken breasts for this dish but I am sharing the recipe that we eat here in Pakistan whenever we go to restaurants in Pakistan. I have shared a step by step recipe of how to make restaurant style lemon pepper chicken at home with picture of every step.
Hope you enjoy this as much as i do.
- In a bowl add chicken, yogurt, salt, black pepper powder, ginger garlic paste and lemon juice. Combine everything so that chicken could be well coated with this marination.
- Cover and leave the chicken for 15 minutes for marination.
- In a wok or wide pan add cooking oil and let it heat on medium flame.
- When the oil is heated add cinnamon stick, black pepper corns, cloves, cardamom in it. Let the spices roast for a minute so that they could release their aroma.
- Add the marinated chicken in oil and fry the chicken on medium flame till it changes its color and the water from yogurt and chicken dries up. After 8 minutes you will notice that chicken changes its color, water dries out and the oil starts to separate, turn the flame to low at this stage.
- Now add slit (darmiyan say cut laga lin) green chilies, black pepper powder and salt in the chicken. Give a mix to everything.
- Cover the pan and let the chicken cook on low flame for 8-10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes the chicken is tender, uncover the pan. Turn the flame to high and dry the chicken again for 1 minute.
- Then add the lemon pieces and sprinkle garam masala powder. Cook for 25-30 seconds more and turn off the flame.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and lemon slices.
- Easy, quick and Pakistani style lemon pepper chicken is ready to enjoy.
You may also like