- Serves: 20 People
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking: 20 minutes
- Calories: 127
- Difficulty: easy
You have heard about a lot of chicken vegetables rolls recipes that includes spring rolls wrappers or already prepared sheets (Manada Pati), Although in most areas of Pakistan these are available, but still there are few areas where you can't easily find these. In my area you can find these wraps only during Ramadan else you can only have store bought rolls. This recipe is a classic solution for all of those like me who do not want to have store bought rolls and want this treat even without Ramadan. I tried and tested this recipe so many times and it is my personally favorite recipe of rolls, so easy that even beginners can make it easily. In this recipe we made our own chicken roll wrappers but totally different from common tough process. I hope you will like this recipe.
- Put the chicken in a pan, add salt, ginger garlic paste and enough water to boil the chicken. When it gets tender separate the bones from meat and shred it. If you are using boneless chicken than just shred it and keep it aside.
- Thinly chop the cabbage and mix with the boiled and shredded chicken. Also mix in it green chilies, red chili flakes, black pepper powder and salt and in simple 2 steps your rolls filling is ready.
- In a large bowl beat 8 eggs well and then add in these all purpose flour and corn flour. Mix everything to form a creamy mixture.Add some water in it as we need a semi thick runny batter so you can add the water as per your requirement.
- Put a non stick frying pan on high flame and grease it well with few drops of oil.
- Pour 1/4 cup of quantity of the prepared batter in the frying pan and quickly spread it evenly in the pan by shacking the pan. Do not spread the batter with spatula or anything else just quickly shake the frying pan in circle so that batter could evenly spread. Remove any access batter out of frying pan so that we could get a thin layer of batter in pan.
- When you see air bubbles are formed and the batter cooked from the bottom do not flip the side just take it out of pan on a cooling rack or butter paper and let it cool down completely.
- Repeat the process with remaining batter and make covers for chicken rolls.
- Save 1/4 cup of batter and add an egg and a pinch of yellow food color in this batter. Mix everything well and put aside. We will use this batter later on for coating on rolls before deep frying.
- Now take a prepared wrap, put the cooked side up and uncooked side down. Fill it with prepared chicken filling, roll the edge of the wrapper tightly around the mixture, fold the two side corners towards the middle of the wrapper while continuing to roll up. Paint the flour paste on the remaining wrap and roll it tightly the rest of the way. Make sure all edges are tightly sealed. ( You can freeze the rolls at this stage as well for later use).
- Coat the rolls in egg batter that we saved for coating and deep fry these on low to medium flame for 2-3 minute or till golden brown color.
- Serve hot with ketchup or chatni.
You may also like