- Serves: 15 People
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking: 90 minutes
- Calories: 3672
- Difficulty: easy
Qâbili palaw or Qâbili pulao is a national dish of Afghanistan. A dish of rice made in Afghanistan and other central Asian countries. kabuli pulao is a very famous dish of namak mandi Peshawar in Pakistan due to its sweet and savory flavor. This is a famous dish in KPK province of Pakistan and also called Afghani Pulao in some of its areas. This step by step recipe with pictures show you how to make namak mandi Peshawar Kabuli pulao easily at home. whatever you may call it, it’s absolutely drool worthy and I dare you to give it a try!
- For the first step we need to boil and make a stock of the beef. So for this purpose we will put the beef in a wide pot or pressure cooker, add cumin, black cardamom and salt in it along with 3 liters of water. The salt will be added in the stock and we will not add it in the rice. Cover the pan or pressure cooker and let the beef cook till tender. Pressure cooker will take about 20 minutes while in any other pot the beef will take about 2 hours to cook.
- When the beef gets so much tender that you can easily break it with hand or spoon then the beef is cooked. Take the beef pieces out of stock as we will use both separately.
- Now in a wide pan (pateela) add ghee and sliced onions. Fry the onion till they turn golden brown. Do not give more dark shade to the onions.
- Then add chopped tomatoes in it, fry these and then cook till they get tender. If required add some beef stock that we already prepared so that tomatoes could come to a gravy consistency.
- When masala is cooked a bit add boiled beef in it, fry the beef with masala well.
- After 2-3 minutes of frying the beef and masala add beef stock in it. We required 2.5 liters of beef stock for the quantity of rice that we are using. (Taste the salt at this stage and adjust the quantity if you want to).
- When the stock starts to boil, add the soaked and drained rice in it and give a mix. Let the rice cook on medium to high flame till the water almost dries out.
- Meanwhile in a frying pan add ghee, then add carrots and raisins in it and fry on medium flame for about 1-2 minutes for enhanced flavors.
- When the water is almost dried from rice, add the fried raisin and carrots in it.
- Put a wet cloth over the pan, cover it and let the rice steam cook on very low flame for about 30-35 minutes.
You may also like