- Serves: 10 People
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking: 4 hours
- Calories: 847
- Difficulty: easy
Rosh or Namkeen Gosht is a tradional recipe of Balochistan and Peshawar. It is made with lamb meat traditionaly but here we are going to make it with mutton. This mutton rosh recipe provides relief during winter season from cold. In our family we used to drink the gravy (shorba) of the rosh during winter. An amazing meat recipe that is loved by people all over the Pakistan. It falls in the category of namkeen gosht and tastes exceptionally well.
- Wash the meat and then rub salt over it. The reason behind rubbing the salt is that it will help the meat to release its water.
- Cut the fat of meat (charbi) in small pieces and place in the bottom of a big pan in which you are going to cook the rosh.
- Place the meat as a layer over the fat layer.
- Add tomato and onion in the meat, put dar chini, adrak and sabit kali mirch as well. We will remove adrak (ginger) after cooking so do not cut it in small pieces.
- Cover the pan and place some heavy weight over it so that steam should not go out. Let the meat cook in its own water and fat for 2 hours. Check it after 1 hour. The flame should be low. We need to cook the meat until it is completely tender. It can take about 2 to 2;30 hours.
- After the meat is completely cooked add green chilies (Sabut hari mirchain) and cover the pan again. Steam cook for another 10 minutes so that aroma of green chilies added in the rosh.
- Tasty Quetta rosh is ready to serve along with naan.
- _______________Note: You can add water as required if you want more gravy or if you feel that meat is getting dry before it is cooked completely.
- This is the original recipe of Quetta Rosh. I used about 5 kg meat in cooking but i provided recipe of less meat so don't get confused with the pics if you feel that quantity of meat is different then written recipe.
- The only difference between Peshawar and Balochi rosh is of Potato. If you add few potatoes in the meat it will become Peshawari Rosh recipe.
- Adjust the quantity of salt as per your requirement but do not add chilies in it as this recipe do not have chili flavor in it.
You may also like