- Serves: 9 People
- Prep Time: 35
- Cooking: 65
- Calories: 2395
- Difficulty: easy
- recipeCategory: Rice
- description: Biryani, Chicken Biryani, Multani student biryani, spicy biryani, how to make biryani at home, how to make student biryani at home, recipe of student biryani, tasty student biryani recipe, Pakistani recipe of student biryani, student biryani restaurant style, chicken biryani recipe, how to make chicken student biryani, lahore student biryani, Karachi student biryani in Multan, Pakistani chicken birynai, the best Pakistani biryani recipe, perfect chicken biryani recipe, Muslim style chicken biryani recipe, dawat special biryani recipe, easy biryani recipe
- recipeCuisine: Pakistani
- keywords: Biryani, chicken Biryani, Multani student biryani, Pakistani student biryani, step by step recipe of how to make this multani biryani at home easily.
- recipeYield: 9
- prepTime: PT30M
Biryani is a mixed rice dish with its origins among the Muslims of Indian subcontinent. It is very popular dish of subcontinent. Unlike pulao rice, meat and rice for biryani are coked separately and then steam cooked together in form of layers. Chicken Biryani is a complete meal in itself and suits all type of occasions, and among these varieties of biryani, Multani student biryani has its own place. Full of spices, rich in flavors this tasty Pakistani student biryani is liked very much in south Punjab of Pakistan. I am sharing a detailed step by step recipe of how to make this multani biryani at home easily.
- Wash the rice and soak them in water for 1 hour.
- Take water in a big pan (Pateela). Add oil, Star annis, taiz pat, vinegar and salt in it and let the water boil.
- When the water is boiling add rice in it and boil for about 7-8 minutes on full high flame. Remember the rice needs to be fully cooked not under cooked.
- Strain the rice and do not wash them at this stage with cold water.
- Wash the chicken
- Rub some salt and vinegar on the chicken and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- In a wok put the oil/ghee and heat it on medium flame.
- Add ginger garlic paste in it.
- when the ginger garlic turns aromatic add chicken in it. fry it on medium to high flame for 5 minutes.
- Now add biryanimasalha, red chilli powder and grind coriander and fry it again for 3-4 minutes.
- Add citric acid and kewra essence.
- Add lemon juice in the gravy and give a good mix to the gravy. fry it again for 3 to 4 minutes.
- add 1/4 teaspoon of zarda color to the gravy at this stage.
- Then slow the flame and add yogurt to the chicken. Mix it and let it cook again
- When the gravy starts boiling and oil separates from chicken roughly mash the fried onion in your hand and mix in the gravy. Gain fry it for 1 minute
- Qourma for biryani is ready.
- On high flame put an iron plae (Tawa) at stove and start the process of biryani layring.
- Take wide pot (Pateela) for layring the biryani and place it on Tawa.
- First take some oil from gravy and put it in the base of pan and then add a thin layer of boiled rice on it.
- Then put some qourma of biryani that you already prepared.
- Sprinkle some biryani masalha on the layer.
- Add fresh coriander and mint leaves in each layer.
- Repeat the process until the complete rice and qourma are layered.
- Mix the zarda color in some water and spread this water on final layer of biryani.
- put a soaked cloth on cover of the pan and let the biryani cook for about 10-15 minutes on low flame. Perfect Mulatni student biryani is ready.
You may also like