- Serves: 9 People
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cooking: 35 Minutes
- Calories: 0
- Difficulty: medium
A very exceptional and very specific recipe for you. Make this Moong Daal Salan. This recipe has many variations and names however who ever makes it'll really find it irresistible.
- Drain water from soaked lentil and put it in a blender jug.
- Add water in it and grind it well.
- Take out grinned dal in a bowl and add chopped onion, salt, red chili powder, baking soda, cumin powder, chopped coriander leaves and mix all the ingredients well till well combined.
- Take a pot and put some water in it for steaming the badian. Let the water boil.
- Now put a strainer and put a muslin cloth in the strainer.
- With the help of spoon make badiyan of your required size and directly put on the muslin cloth.
- Cover the pan and let the badiyan steam cook for 10-15 minutes.
- After that take the badiyan out on a plate and repeat the same process with complete batter.
- Now in a pan take oil and add chopped onions in it.
- Let it fry for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
- now add ginger garlic paste and fry for 1 more minute.
- Then add tomato puree and mix it.
- Cover the pan and let the gravy cook for 5 minutes on low flame. After that you will notice oil from masalha is separated.
- Now add salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masalha powder, coriander powder, black pepper powder and mix well. Let it cook for 2 more minutes.
- Then add yogurt in it and after mixing cover and cook on low flame until oil separates.
- Now add steamed badyan in the gravy and mix gently.
- Then add water and cover the pan. Let it cook again on low flame for 8-10 minutes until oil separates from gravy.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with roti or boil rice.
You may also like