- Serves: 6 People
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cooking: 40 Minutes
- Calories: 400
- Difficulty: easy
A different cake recipe which is too easy to make. A juicy and moist cake that can be served as an especial treat for your kids. There are so many recipes of coconut cakes on internet but the recipe of this cake is a bit different as it is a sugar soaked coconut cake. I remember having this cake in my childhood from street hawkers. I hope some of you also have this in your childhood and eating this cake again now will return your beautiful childhood memories.
Pre heat the oven at 180 C for 10 minutes.
- Put the butter in bowl and beat it with the help of hand blender or whisk.
- when it gets creamy slowly add powder sugar in it. Beat it again for 1-2 minutes.
- Now one by one add all eggs and vanilla essence in it and beat the mixture again.
- Sift the flour and baking powder with a strainer and add it in the wet mixture. Combine the mixture with the help of spatula.
- Take a square cake pan, grease it and put a butter paper in the bottom.
- Pour the mixture in the pan and tap it so that air bubbles should be removed.
- Put it in the oven and let it bake for 30-35 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Take out the cake when baked and let it cool down in pan for 30 minutes.
- When cooled take it out of the pan and trim the edges a little bit.
- Now prepare the sugar syrup. Put a pan on stove and add water sugar and vanilla essence in it.
- Let the sugar melt on medium flame.
- When the water starts boiling turn off the flame and take out the syrup in another pan so that it gets cold. Do not over cook the syrup we just needs to melt the sugar completely.
- Put the shredded coconut in a plate.
- Cut the cake in thick slices.
- Now take a slice and gently dip it in the sugar syrup so that it is well coated.
- Now roll it into the coconut and put in serving plate.
- Continue the process with all the cake slices.
- Your moist and different cake is ready to be served.
Note: You can also bake this cake without oven in pateela. Pre heat it, put a wire stand in the pateela, then put the cake pan on it, cover pateela and let the cake bake on medium low flame for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
You may also like