- Serves: 3 People
- Prep Time: 60 minutes
- Cooking: 40-45 minut
- Calories: 789
- Difficulty: medium
Today's recipe is little bit tricky to make but believe me its so delicious that you will make it again and again after trying once. The recipe is called Kabuli style qeema naan without oven. Keema or qeema is what you call mince and you can use either chicken, beef or mutton mince in this recipe as per your choice. Traditionally Naans are baked in a super hot clay oven. Obviously we don’t have access to those therefore we’re left with two options: our regular home oven or our stove-top.
The oven method leads to more even browning. If you don’t have an oven though, it’s totally fine to cook your Naan entirely on a pan on top of your stove-top. You can essentially cook it the way you’d cook a roti, on your tawa. Cooking on the pan leads to less even browning but it is quicker and more efficient than the oven method. So as always I have shared both oven and frying pan method + time for your ease.
I have shared picture of every step for how to make this Kabuli style keema naan at home and I hope you will find these helpful in this process. Please share your feedback in the comment section below. Enjoy!
- Take a frying pan and put it on medium to high flame.
- Add cooking oil and mince in it and fry it till it changes its color.
- Now add salt, black pepper powder, chili fkales, coriander powder, chopped green chilies and chopped onion in the mince and give a good mix to everything.
- Cook the mince for 5-10 minutes on medium to low flame or till it gets fully tender.
- Turn off the flame and put it aside.
- Now prepare the dough for naan. In a mixing bowl put instant yeast along with luke warm water. Give a mix and let the yeast bloom for 5 minutes.
- Now add all purpose flour and salt in this yeast water, combine the ingredients together.
- Gradually add more water and knead a soft dough.
- Grease the dough and bowl, cover the bowl and let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
- After the time take the dough out on work surface and knead it again while dusting some flour so it may stick to the surface. Then divide this dough into 3 equal portions.
- Form a dough ball, again dust some flour on the surface and roll the dough as thin as possible like we roll the flat bread.
- Brush some melted butter or ghee on the rolled bread then add the prepared mince filling on it.
- Roll it over again to from one end to other end and brush some melted butter or ghee again on it. Then again roll it (like we do for making a layered paratha) to form a swiss roll and secure the open end tightly at the bottom in the center.
- Press it gently to flatten it , cover this rolled and flatten dough to rest for 5 minutes. Repeat the process for remaining dough portions.
- After resting time take it out and roll it gently to form a flat bread.
- Put the rolled naan into a baking tray and prick some holes in it with the help of fork.
- Brush the egg and yogurt mixture on top of it, put the naan in oven and bake at 200 °C pre heated oven for 20-25 minutes.
- If you do not have oven, Put the rolled naan in the frying pan cover it and let the naan cook in it on low flame for 10-15 minutes. Flip the naan once in between after 8 minutes so that the other side should also cooked.
- When the naan is cooked take it out and brush some melted ghee or butter on it to make it soft.
- Delicious and soft Kabul style keema naan is ready to enjoy.
You may also like