- Serves: 4 People
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cooking: 15 minutes
- Calories: 290
- Difficulty: easy
An easy and quick tea time snack for your family. These crispy mashed potato fried balls will be a treat for your kids. These fried mashed potato balls are crispy from the outside and fluffy from the inside.
- Put enough oil for deep frying in a wok and heat it on medium flame.
- Take a bowl and add boiled potatoes in it. the potatoes should be warm not completely cold.
- Add butter with potatoes and crush with the help of fork. Mix the butter and potatoes together while crushing.
- Then add egg yolks in potato mixture and mix again.
- Now cover the bowl and let the mixture completely cool down in the fridge for almost 2 hours.
- After this time take the dough out of fridge, take a teaspoon of it in hand and give a ball shape.
- Beat an egg with a pinch of salt in another bowl.
- Take all purpose flour and bread crumbs in separate bowls.
- Now take the potato ball and first coat it in all purpose flour, then dip in beaten egg and lastly coat bread crumbs on it.
- Fry the potato balls in hot oil adding one by one in the wok. the oil should not be too hot or potato balls will burst.
- Fry these till a golden brown color and then take out on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve hot with ketchup or chatni
- _______________Note: This is a basic recipe you can give it twist of your own by adding green chilies or any kind of cheese if you want to.
You may also like