- Serves: 5 People
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking: 20 minutes
- Calories: 480
- Difficulty: easy
Chips, crisps, or rings, potatoes still make the most popular snacks in the world. Potato garlic rings are one of my favorite snacks and they are so easy to prepare as well. All the ingredients always available in your kitchen and you can make this recipe in 20 minutes if you boil the potatoes ahead of time. I have shared a complete step by step recipe of how to make these crispy potato garlic rings. Try and enjoy.
- Boil the potato and peel them.
- Mash the potatoes and keep aside.
- Finely chop the garlic and green chilies and put these aside as well.
- Now in a grinder add semolina, and grind it well.
- In a wok add cooking oil and heat it on medium flame.
- Add finely chopped garlic in this oil and roast it for few seconds so that garlic could release its aroma.
- Then add salt, chili flakes, cumin powder, turmeric powder, chopped green chilies in it and give a good mix to everything.
- Add 1/2 cup of water in the spice mix.
- When the water starts to boil turn the flame to low and add grind semolina in it. Cook the semolina till the water dries from it.
- Within 30-40 seconds the semolina will soak the water and will be fully cooked.
- At this stage add the mashed potatoes in the semolina and combine well.
- Turn off the flame and keep the mixture aside till it completely cools down.
- Add the chopped fresh coriander in the mixture after it cools down along with all purpose flour, corn flour and rice flour. Mix everything to get a dough type consistency.
- Dust some flour on the work surface and put the dough on it. Gently press it with hands first to spread it. Then gently roll it with the help of rolling pin into thick flat bread shape. The thickness should be more than a paratha or roti.
- Cut with a cookie cutter (size should be as per your choice) and then cut a small hole in the center (like donuts). Do this with complete mixture and keep all the rings aside.
- Put enough cooking oil for deep frying and heat it on medium flame.
- Add the potato rings in it and fry till the rings turn golden brown. This frying will take 3 minutes for each batch of rings. If you fry the rings on high flame they will not become crispy that's why fry these on medium flame.
- Take out the crispy potato rings and serve with ketchup or any sauce as per your choice.
You may also like