- Serves: 5 People
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking: 20-25 minut
- Calories: 800
- Difficulty: easy
Jalebi is a popular sweet of india and pakistan. Traditional jalebi making required fermentation but this recipe is an instant version of it.
- On medium flame put a deep pan, add the sugar and water in it along with lemon slices or lemon juice. The lemon juice will help to clarify the sugar and will stop the syrup from crystallization.
- We need to cook the syrup to the stage that if we take it on finger it should felt sticky. We don't need to give it a one or two string consistency. when the syrup felt sticky turn off the stove.
- Prepare the jaleebi mixture.
- Strain the all purpose flour into a bowl.
- Add yogurt, baking powder, baking soda into the flour and mix it.
- Then while slowly adding water combine the mixture. Keep in mind that batter should not be too runny it should be of thick consistency and without lumps.
- At this stage you can add food color if you want to.
- beat the better with hand or whisk for about 5 minutes so that mixture could became airy. This will help jalebi to become crispy.
- Take a piping bag/ketchup bottle and pour the mixture in it. You can also use any kind of polythene bag as well. cut the piping bag as much as u want the thickness of your jalebi.
- heat the oil in a wok on medium flame. The wok should be wide for deep frying jalebi and the oil should be medium hot for frying.
- In circular motion spin your hand with jalebi material piping bag over the wok for shaping the jalebi.
- Cook it on medium heat until crispy and golden brown.
- Then take it out of hot oil and immediately put it into the sugar syrup which should be warm as well.
- Leave jalebi in the sugar syrup for about five minutes while changing its sides in between so that syrup should be properly coated all over jalebi.
- Your Jalebi is ready. Serve it hot and enjoy
You may also like