- Serves: 21 People
- Prep Time: 50
- Cooking: 35
- Calories: 212
- Difficulty: easy
- recipeCategory: Cookies
- description: Khalifa ki nan khatai recipe in Urdu, Commercial Recipe of Khalifa Nan Khatai Without Oven, مشہور خلیفہ کی نان ختائی
- recipeCuisine: Pakistani
- keywords: Khalifa ki nan khatai recipe in Urdu, Commercial Recipe of Khalifa Nan Khatai Without Oven, مشہور خلیفہ کی نان ختائی
- recipeYield: 21
- prepTime: PT30M
Khalifa nan khatai is a famous and old street food of Lahore Pakistan. These are cookies like shortbread style. Khalifa is the name of a famous bakery in the walled city of Lahore. It is an old and famous bakery that sells extremely delicious bakery items even before he birth of Pakistan. One of its specialty is delicious and flavorful nan khatai that is biscuits with almonds. This is one of the most demanded and favorite food in my house. I tried to make and store these cookies for any sudden cookie or sweet craving but usually after baking the cookies ends within 3 days. As always I shared a complete step by step recipe with pictures. Also i shared the oven timing along with without oven cooking time and method, Do try this recipe and I am sure you will love the result. Do share the feedback with me in the comments section of this recipe.
- Melt ghee or desi ghee completely and take it out in a bowl. Put the bowl in the freezer and let the ghee cold till it come to a shape. Keep in mind we do not need hard ghee it should be soft like room temperature butter. If you are using butter it should be room temperature.
- Dry roast the almonds on very low flame till fragrant. Let these cool down and then crush these coarsely. Keep some of the almonds aside for garnishing of nan khatai.
- Take the ghee out in another large bowl and blend it.
- Then add powdered sugar in it and blend it till it come to a creamy texture. It will take almost 4-5 minutes.
- Now in a large mixing bowl add beaten ghee and powdered sugar mixture along with baisan, maida, baking soda, baking powder and crushed almonds. Knead the mixture with the help of hand and then take it out on a butter paper. Spread the batter in a thick shape on the butter paper with the help of hand or you can also use rolling pin.
- Cut nan khatai with the help of cookie cutter. You can see the thickness of nan khatai in picture.
- Take a baking tray and put a butter paper on it. Place all the cut nan khatai over it.
- Garnish some almonds on top of nan khatai.
- Beat the egg yolk well and brush it over nan khatai. This will give a golden brown color to the nan khatai.
- In a Pateela put some salt and place a wire stand over it. Then place the baking pan on it, cover the pateela and let the nan khatai bake for 30-35 minutes on slow flame.
- After baking take the pan out and let the nan kahatai cool down for 10-5 minutes. then take these out in a plate and nan khatai is ready to serve.
- ________________Note: For oven timing bake the cookies at 180 °C for 30-35 minutes.
- Do not pre heat the oven or pateela for this recipe.
You may also like