- Serves: 4 People
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking: 30 minutes
- Calories: 2940
- Difficulty: easy
“Bhuna” is a style of cooking where you let the meat (or vegetables) cook in its own spices. This is rich flavored heart warming full of flavors family style dish.
- Take a pressure cooker and add cooking oil in it.
- Add sliced onion and let them cook till the edges start to brown.
- Now add ginger garlic paste, meat and all spices (coriander powder, chili powder, salt garam masalha, cumin seeds, turmeric powder etc) in it and mix it well.
- The flame should be medium to low at this point so that meat could release its water, also add 1 glass of water so that meat could get tender. Do not give the meat pressure until the meat releases its own water. after that give it a pressure and let it cook for 5-7 minutes. The timing of meat getting tender may vary according to quality of pressure cooker.
- After releasing the pressure open the cover and fry the meat so that water could dry.
- When you see that the oil is separating add tomato paste in it.
- Let the meat fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh chopped coriander leaves and serve with roti or nan.
- __Note: You can also cook this meat without pressure cooker but then quantity of water for tenderizing the meat will increase and it will also take more time to get tender.
You may also like